Need Spreader bars?
We have a large selection of spreader bars for all types of applications including Caldwell Rig-Master engineered Beam End Fittings.
The Caldwell Beam End Fittings (BEF) can have a capacity of up to 39 tons.
The Caldwell Beam End Fittings are designed to use Schedule 40 ERW pipe as the central structural element between the end fittings, giving you the ability to have spreader bars of different lengths, for a fraction of the cost. Schedule 40 ERW is readily available at most steel service centers. The Caldwell Model BEF-2 ½ requires a 2 – ½” nominal size, the model BEF-5 requires a 5” nominal size, and the BEF – 8 requires an 8” nominal size schedule 40 ERW pipe.
Other requirements are:
– The length of pipe used for this central element must be straight within ¼” end to end.
– The pipe should have the ends cleanly cut square with its centerline.
– The schedule 40 ERW should not have any weld joint irregularities.
– Each end of the schedule 40 ERW pipe must have the correct diameter holes drilled through both walls and both ends must be in line.
– The schedule 40 ERW pipe used in this application does not need to pass any pressure testing.
The retaining bolts used to secure the Caldwell Model BEF 2-½ and 5” to the schedule 40 ERW pipe must be a Grade 5 Hex Head Cap Screw 5/8”-11 with minimum length of 4-1/2” and 8” respectively. The bolt for the BEF-8 is a Grade 5 Hex Head cap screw 1-8 with a minimum length of 11-1/2”
Note: Complete assembly instructions are provided with each set of end fittings.